Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Blessings in the Storm

Hello everybody,


I hope all is well and everyone has their power back from the snow storm! God's put on my heart to share something that I realized this weekend...

There are people who are suffering from the cold because they don't have a home. When I lost power I realized just how much I take advantage of electricity and heat. There are people right here in Manchester who could die this winter because they're homeless, and here I am worried about being just a little cold? Honestly, I had a generator! I am blessed! I live in a beautiful house that has heat and running water and electricity. I should be thanking God every day for the blessings He has showered upon my family, and yet most of the time I don't even realize how blessed we are. This weekend was a revelation for me. I can be so selfish, and it sickens me. There may not be much I can do for those that are homeless, but I can donate food to a food pantry for them. Most of all, I can pray. I encourage all of you to pray for the homeless too, as well as those who are still without power or who are recovering from the storm.

I just felt like God wanted me to share that with you. I don't think I'm the only one who has had to contemplate the way they live in regards to the rest of the world, or even the rest of the city. Just, don't take what you have for granted.

<3 Rachel

1 comment:

  1. ‎'I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws. Then you will live in the land I gave your ancestors; you will be my people, and I will be your God.'
    Ezekiel 36:26-28

    ReplyDelete